If your MailChimp newsletter is one that people share with others, or if you encourage your subscribers to share it with others, including a ‘Subscribe me to your newsletter link’ makes sense.
MailChimp, as with most things they do, has made the process relatively easy. Here are the steps to take to add a signup or subscribe form to your MailChimp newsletter created using the Drag & Drop campaign option.
- Go to the ‘Design’ tab
- On the right side of the ‘Design’ area, grab and ‘drag and drop’ a ‘Text’ box to the area where you want the signup form inserted in your newsletter
- Click the pencil icon in the top right side of the ‘Text’ box, and type what you would like to insert for people to click on
- Highlight the text that you’ve typed in … or just the part of it you want linked … and then click on on the ‘link’ symbol (if you hold your mouse over the symbol the word ‘Link’ will appear)
- When the link box opens add this text in the ‘Web Address’ field: *|LIST:SUBSCRIBE|*
- Click the ‘insert’ button
- Click the ‘Save & Close’ button to save your changes
- Test by sending your self a preview or by viewing in your browser to make sure everything works
This adds the information to your newsletter so that when the link is clicked a new window opens up where people can insert their information for adding to your newsletter.
And that’s it! Just follow the steps and you should be all set.
If you are using custom code to design your newsletter use: <a href=”*|LIST:SUBSCRIBE|*”>Whatever text you want here!</a>