‘Shift Your Mindset, Save Your Business’, an article written by Jane Porter in ‘Entrepreneur’ ezine is well worth reading – especially for small businesses experiencing a lag or drop in sales related to economic factors more than poor business decisions.
The article gives these ‘ five steps to get in the right mindset for a business turnaround’ – the brackets are my summary of the author’s explanation of each step:
- Be social, even if you don’t feel like it. (Communicate with others – don’t isolate yourself.)
- Avoid naysayers, and watch what you feed your mind. (What you take in effects attitude, energy and output.)
- Get up and move. (The endorphins produced by physical activity help counter the stress hormones.)
- Keep learning and stay on top of industry trends. (Growth not problem focused: positive, learning and growing.)
- Be your own cheerleader. (Recall your successes and why you are passionate – see the glass half full not half empty.)
The article is well worth reading in its entirety – just click on the link at the top of this post. These are also good steps to keep in mind for days when business may seem more of a challenge than usual.